Author: Julian Macleod
Having to live in a small apartment can be a herculean task especially when you have a lot of stuff to keep up with and arrange. Much more, you may have practically turned off the idea of throwing a dinner party at your place because you think your guests might feel uncomfortable with the tiny space. Well, the good news is that you can still hold a dinner party in your apartment even when you think there is not enough space. In fact, it is usually cool when you have to work with space as that will limit the number of persons to invite as well as give people close opportunities to mix and relate with one another. So, as long as you are willing to hold a party for everyone to remember, here is a to-do list for you:
1. Rearrange the previous arrangement: Whether you like it or not, you will have to re-arrange your apartment to make room for your guests. For instance, if you have a centre stool in your sitting room, you can move it to storage or just push it against the wall. If possible, you can remove all that is quite unnecessary and place it in a separate room just to create the level of space needed. You don’t want your guests hanging around.
2. Change the mood with lightning: Th: Whether you like it or not, you will have to re-arrange your apartment to make room for your guests. For instance, if you have a center stool in your sitting room, you can move it to storage or just push it against the wall. If possible, you can remove all that is quite unnecessary and place it in a separate room just to create the level of space needed. You don’t want your guests hanging around.
3. Plan to place a label on guests’ drinks: Since you will not have the luxury to have more than a table, it is best to label guests’ drinks to aid easy pickup. The label can be tags or differentiable straws. Much more than the orderliness, it would also help you work on the budget as everyone will have just a glass to themselves all through.
4. Keep enabling facilities alive: Too much heat and less ventilation can make your guests tired, weary and sticky. Enabling facilities like AC should be put on all through the party. At times, AC might not completely cover up the heat if the oven is turned on. So, before the party ensure the meals are readily available to keep the room in its best condition.
5. Construct a shelf for bags and coats: Since it’s a dinner, expect bags and coats. Think beyond the fact that it’s already summer as the cold gets quite thick at night. Instead of having people drop their coats and bags around, designate a place. It will keep the site attractive and organized.
Before saying something will not work out, you should endeavor to try your best. Maybe you have tried to work a dinner in a small apartment and it ended up not doing so well. In this case, you should work with these tips. Have fun and stay healthy!