Author: Julian Macleod
Business growth is based on the input induced in a business by the owner. No business owner starts from the top but you must inculcate procedural approach to make your business attain your purposed height. While you can grow your business through the incorporation of different strategies, one useful way is through trade shows. As a business owner you must be ready to participate in trade shows. Participating in a trade show is not only a means to sell more but a means to strategically develop your business line. While you are busy selling your products, you could also network and connect with professionals and ventures that are related to your business as networking has a sure way of providing future leverages. Much more, you can be lucky to get slots for other upcoming shows that would help you attract more audience and make a name for your products. As this requires substantial effort, below are ways to grow your business at trade shows:
1. Make your booth convenient: Organizers of trade shows ensure that every seller has a booth. Depending on the trade show, a booth may be favorable than the other. Hence if you are lucky to be part of a trade that allows you to pick a booth of your choice, ensure that you are strategic with your choice. Notice the trend of movement and pick a booth that would be easily noticed from any angle. Whether your booth is spacious or tiny, create space for customers. As you may not be the only one selling a particular goods, you must make your stall convenient and attractive for people to stay in. It is best that you do not place your table at the center of your booth as it can make your booth stuffy. In all, strategically place chairs for people to sit and relax.
2. Master the right usage of words: It is one thing to get people attracted to your booth, it is another thing to get them to stay. As a business owner, you must relate with your customers with compelling words. As words have a way of eliciting interests, let your words give people a reason to stay to patronize you. With enthusiasm, be quick to give them reasons to get your goods.
3. Make advertising materials available: To set up your booth, make your banner and customized table clothes available. Place your logo round your booth to easily attract people’s attention. Do not allow patronisers leave your booth without giving out fliers or your business card. Such provisions will make it easy for them to locate you. Ultimately, ensure that you have compelling designs on each printed materials. Designs have a way of giving a voice to your services.
4. Plan Giveaways: Everyone loves freebies. Much more, it is a way of appreciating your patronisers. So, plan freebies that are commensurate to your products. You could prepare hand fans, alarm clocks, wrist watches, ball pens or tote bags. Essentially, prepare a giveaway that would be beneficial irrespective of season. For instance, virtually everyone uses a smartphone. So you could make phone rings to allow people use their phones without having to hold them. You could even attract more patronisers and gain the attention of investors and potential partners. However, ensure that your freebies align with what you are presenting to the public. In all, imprint your brand’s design on your giveaways.
5. Be internet conscious: As the digital world continues to develop, marketing has shown to be more effective through social media platforms. So, before the trade show, make an awareness on social media to draw the attention of viewers. During the course of the trade show, ensure you continuously upload on your social media platforms. It gives more authenticity to your brand. Live-tweet during the show and upload short videos on Instagram and Facebook to update your audience.
The benefit you gain from trade shows is dependent on your effort. Do not see trade shows as just another day but ensure you make the best out of the event.