Author: Julian Macleod
As the years pass by, people continue to develop concepts and improve available concepts. The development is so rapid that what worked for 2017 may not work for 2018. With continuous trends in every industry, everyone must work with these trends in order to make their business attractive and new to recent and existing clients. While previous trends caused people to plan their events in pop-up spaces and convention centers, 2018 brings in new event trends.
1. Advanced security measure: To avoid the security laxity of the previous years, ensure that safety experts provide better security coordination to keep guests safe. Much more, all contractors should be required to submit all data relating to their companies. Technological secure measures like a heat map, tracker etc. should be made available to track the moves of all guests.
2. A little bit of local organization mode: Though the world is developing, previous years have overlooked the old feeling you can derive from parties. In 2018, events are accompanied with a mixture of modern and old party mode. So, ensure your souvenirs, gifts and hall decorations are shown differently. Guides should be given to attendees to give them a stress-free movement.
3. Unique and styled event layout: Events venues are no longer confined to the four walls of a building. As a planner, work towards the cabaret style and layouts that would allow guests to interact with one another with no restraint. Much more, the new venue rules instruct that the venue must reflect the essence of the event and the kind of occasion.
4. The use of artificial intelligence: Artificial incorporation makes planning easier and its incorporation will provide you with services like swift and easy registration of guests and a means to remind guests of the scheduled day. More so, the integration of event apps can be used as a social media strategy to allow information to reach a wider audience.
5. Enhancement of sustainable event: Reliance is no longer on big firms who require a huge amount of money for their services. You can make use of local businesses to support and sustain their means of income. Much more, have your event set in a way that you can give back to the community. It's no longer about the same circle of people but about everyone.
6. Make the purpose of the event crystal clear: People no longer want to attend events without getting the required information on what to expect. Hence ensure that your guests get most of what they should know. Also, the course of the event must point out the reason.
These trends are ways to promote the industry further. Based on your budget, incorporate as much as you can.