Author: Julian Macleod
Planning an event involves a holistic approach. All parts function together to produce a successful event. In event planning, you must understand that things could get out of hand and unmanageable when there is no cordial effect deduced from your plans. There is some course of actions that must be settled months before the event and there are some that need settlement a month before the day. Importantly, you must create a #checklist that will help you coordinate all affairs. There are however very important things that you must not leave out of your checklist. Below are the specific course of actions:
1. Include a prepared budget: In #eventplanning, accountability is key. So, for you to be accountable for all your decision-making process, you must have a planned budget. All your costs, as well as miscellaneous, must be included in the budget. Having a preplanned budget makes you operate in your lane.
2. Identify your target audience: Determine whether the event is for all age groups or is restricted to involve people of certain class. Having a target audience and also a defined number of your audience will aid in proper event planning. Your budget will be more pronounced when you plan towards the class, grade and number of target audience. You must ensure that they are adequately informed before the event. While it is not advisable to call, you can.
3. Pick the best location: Planning is incomplete when there is no location for the #event. Do not pick your location without adequate research. Have four to five places in mind, then consider a location that will add value to the event. Ensure that the location is included in the invitation before sending them out. Your event must be situated in a place that can cater for emergencies.
4. Include the basics in your logistics: You can have a logistics team. Logistics involve the venue, the power supply, order of event and how the event will be managed. If your logistics is poorly defined, there will be lot of irregularities. Ensure that the #venue has conveniences, ensure that it is well arranged and well equipped. Ensure that weather conditions will not affect your audience. If you want to provide your guests with relaxation halls, ensure that all reserved rooms are ready for use on that day.
5. Include refreshments and souvenirs: Everyone looks forward to nice refreshments and souvenirs after the program. Do not slack on this. Employ the services of top-notch caterers to take care of all that would be needed.
Event planning is interesting and it will forever be part of your life experience. As you long as you are in the position to do it, you must give all because the essence of the event lies in what you put in place.